Perfect, fluffy protein pancakes made with only six ingredients.
If you follow me on Instagram and if you watch my stories then you know my family and I are huge pancake lovers and eat them multiple times a week. We eat them often because they’re delicious and life is too short not to eat delicious comfort food, am I right? What’s more is that they’re packed with protein and are low in fat and carbs.
This recipe is for one person, but you can easily double or triple the quantities if you’re serving a bigger crowd. The only thing I would say here is make sure the protein powder you use bakes well because not all protein powders do. One of the protein powders I can vouch for is from the MyProtein brand.
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
- A splash of unsweetened almond milk (the thicker the batter the thicker the pancakes)
- Mix dry and wet ingredients separately.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until combined and set aside for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat your pan over medium heat and add a little bit of coconut oil.
- Scoop the batter onto the pan.
- Fry until bubbles start to form and then flip and cook the other side.
- Top with whatever your heart desires. I usually top them with fruits and drizzle them with peanut butter and a Walden Farms zero-calorie maple walnut syrup.
If you end up using my recipe, don’t forget to share it and tag me. I’d love to see your creations.