Every year, I write down a list of all the things I’ve learned throughout my somewhat young life.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned in 32 years on this planet it’s this – life is your greatest teacher. Nothing and absolutely nothing, not even college, will teach you as much as life itself. That’s just a fact. So every year, for the past couple of years, I’ve been writing a list of all the lessons life has taught me. It always takes me hours, and I’m not even kidding, because I dig deep. It’s incredibly eye-opening and I urge everyone to do the same.
So here are 32 things I’ve learned in the past 32 years. In no specific order.
- Be kind. Always. You never know what someone might be going through.
- Exercising is great and not just for your physical health but also for your mental and emotional health.
- What other people think of me is none of my business.
- Vegan food is delicious.
- Spending money on clothes and accessories is stupid.
- A glass of vino a day never hurt anyone.
- Eating carbs is good for you.
- Waking up before dawn and doing something for myself is amazing.
- Taking mental health days is important and essential.
- Books and podcasts are wonderful.
- Collecting food waste and recyclable material is necessary.
- Olives, dill and goat cheese are gross.
- Arguing with people is a waste of time and energy.
- Proving a point isn’t always worth it.
- You can do anything you set your mind to.
- There’s room for everyone.
- Being a mom is the hardest but most rewarding job on this planet.
- Coffee without milk isn’t that bad after all.
- Seven hours of sleep is enough.
- Having abs isn’t everything.
- External beauty isn’t everything.
- Health is everything.
- Sunlight is a powerful healer.
- There’s no such thing as too much kissing.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Picking at your skin is a big no-no.
- Not all friends are forever.
- Family is the most important thing in the world.
- Practice makes perfect.
- Everything is doable.
- A bad day doesn’t mean a bad life.
- Everything happens for a reason.